NEXT OPEN MONTHLY MEETING October 6TH AT 7PM AT Saint Teresa Church Ryan Room.
Attention Managers, Coaches and Scorekeepers
DGSL and RI ASA require all managers, coaches and scorekeepers to have a National Background Check performed before coachinig players. Below are the instructions for getting it done on-line. Background check only is $8.00, when having the check done with completion of a coaching training session, it is $20.00 total. Please forward a copy of the card with the background check on it to the league secretary, Mark Therrien.
ACE CERTIFICATION/BACKROUND CHECKS
To obtain either ACE certification or a background check:
- Login to www.registerasa.com
- Returning coaches can try their user name and password that they had last year, if it works, fine. If not you will need to create a new one.
- Coaches that have not yet completed Level 1 of ACE certification will also have to create a user name and password
- An e-mail will be sent to you from the national office resetting your user name and password, and then you will be able to get into the registerasa.com site. Once you have entered the site, you will need to select a coaching role so that you will be eligible for ACE certification
- Click the “purchase” link on your “personal steps” section of your “home plate” page.
- Read then agree to the background check
- As soon as your background check clears, you will have a link appear on your “personal steps” grid that will take you to the ACE certification test site.
- Click the ACE certification/background check link
- To activate your certification test click “complete now”
- If for some reason the ACE certification level that you have attained is incorrect, call 405-425-3459 and let the ACE administrator know.
At least one coach on the coaching staff of a team that enters “championship play” must be ACE certified for the current year, all other adult personal that are in the dugout need to have a current year background check performed by the company that ASA has contracted with. The definition of ASA Championship play is: State tournaments, regional tournaments, national qualifiers, and national tournaments. It is highly recommended that more than just one coach per team obtain ACE certification